Stanly House Garden

The Stanly House was moved to its present location in 1966, and the following year a formal “Town Garden” of brick walks edged with boxwood was created. There are no plantings next to the foundation, a practice typical of the 18th-century. The garden includes two reproduction summer houses that are based on structures that appear in an 1862 drawing of the Stanly House. Summer houses provided a shady retreat for hot summer days.